On Monday, June 15, we broke new ground…literally. And it was all to kick off construction on our Montaña Bella revitalization project – a formerly abandoned housing development in south Phoenix, located on the NE corner of 7th Avenue and South Mountain Avenue.
When we purchased the foreclosed property during the housing crisis in 2009, there were ten occupied homes, 16 partially built homes and 18 vacant lots. Our team completed construction on the unfinished homes, and sold them soon after.
And now, there are 18 more homes to come. Each will:
- Provide affordable, energy efficient options (HERS standard of 62 or less, with a silver rating)
- Be offered with multi-generational options including plans with two master suites and private suites with separate entrances
- Be fully accessible for persons with disabilities, including zero-clearance steps, wider door and hallways and conveniently located electrical outlets.
The best part? Interested buyers may qualify for down payment assistance in this gated community. For more information about Montaña Bella, and to inquire about down payment assistance programs, call Trellis at (602) 258-1659.
Pictured above (from left to right) is:
- Trellis Board of Directors Chair, Dave Brown
- Trellis President & CEO, Patricia Garcia Duarte
- Maricopa County Board of Supervisors District 5, Supervisor Steve Gallardo
- Johnson Bank Manager, Marvin Robinson