A guide to innovation in affordable housing and community development.
Launching: December 2016
In December, NeighborWorks America will launch a collaborative book highlighting the NeighborWorks network’s innovative solutions in affordable housing and community development. This book will help policymakers, funders, media, potential partners and industry professionals examine trends, challenges and potential solutions in creating economic opportunity in all American communities.
The book will feature new ideas in cross-sector collaboration, energy-efficient and manufactured homes, senior housing, community engagement, community revitalization, outcome measurement and more. The case studies will also illustrate how housing and resident engagement can be a platform for advances in health, education, workforce development, youth leadership and other pressing issues.
The book will expand on our theme this year, “Creating Economic Opportunities.” We hope it will give practitioners and those interested in the future of our communities a real and varied sense of the work being done around the country. Together we can provide increased economic opportunity to improve lives and strengthen communities to overcome even the toughest of challenges.
This book is for you if you:
- Want examples to inspire creative thinking in affordable housing and community development
- Are looking to discover new, more effective ways to involve residents in shaping the future of their communities
- Value new ideas in transforming distressed communities into vibrant places of opportunity.
- Want to cultivate partnerships and ideas for successful cross-sector partnerships.
- Want to develop creative approaches to bring together diverse cultures and viewpoints, while celebrating their unique differences.
- Champion strategies that bridge the racial, cultural and economic disparities in housing communities.
Learn more at NeighborWorks.org