Job Title: Junior Processor and Real Estate Associate
Reports To: Lending Operations and Real Estate
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, hourly
Approved By: Chief Executive Officer
Approved Date: 4/1/2021
Revised Date: February 7, 2020
Under the direct supervision of Lending Operations, the Junior Processor and Real Estate Associate supports the Lending Department in fulfilling the loan origination, processing and closing responsibilities as well as assisting Trellis Realty, LLC under the direct supervision of a licensee in administrative tasks associated related to the operations of the brokerage. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated and detailed-oriented with knowledge of lending and real estate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assists in processing 1st and 2nd mortgage loans as well as down payment and closing cost assistance loan programs from submission to funding.
- Reviews residential loan application files to verify that application data is complete and meets organization’s lending standards. Verifies borrower assets, liabilities, credit and employment. Confirms that the proposed mortgage financing type and amount meets program guidelines and policies. Follows up with clients, title companies, lenders, realtors and other interested parties for missing or additional documentation required.
- Works with pre-purchase housing counselors and Lending Team to ensure that all documentation is obtained and submitted to all appropriate parties involved in the mortgage and Down payment Assistance lending process
- Opens escrow and closes escrow upon funding
- Assists in quality control of all files; audits files to assure compliance with required documentation when loan is funded
- Records data on status of loans, including number of new applications and loans approved, canceled or denied
- Prepares canceled and declined loan packages for storage and ensures compliance with any record retention regulations
- Assist in the day-to-day activities of the Lending Department such as processing, filing, scanning documents, loan-setups, pipeline tracking and reporting
- Assist in monthly and quarterly reporting
- Assist in maintaining electronic real estate files, including collecting of documents, scanning and updates to real estate log and assignments of numbers
- Assist (with approval of Broker) marketing materials
- Set and confirm appointments
- Input information into MLS as an administrative support personnel as needed
- Transmit instructions to title/escrow, inspections; contractors, etc.
Trellis is seeking a socially focused employee who is outgoing and friendly and possesses a real interest in other people. The employee must be a team player and able to work independently in a fast-paced and changing environment. This employee must possess excellent communication skills and attention to detail. High school diploma or equivalent required. Bilingual preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school graduate with strong aptitude in basic math; experience in a lending and real estate environment; must understand the mortgage loan process and be knowledgeable in basic mortgage loan compliance. Requires strong interpersonal skills and a customer service focus with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and take initiative. Knowledge of first-time homebuyer programs and assistance preferred.
- Ability to provide exemplary customer service with the highest regard for clients, partners and staff of diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Self-motivated and desire to be successful
- Extremely organized and able to multitask
Strong spoken, written, and telephone communication skills. Ability to read and understand title documents, appraisal reports, credit reports and loan applications.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
Ability to deliver high quality customer service, meet deadlines and work collaboratively across departmental lines.
Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EMPLOYMENT & HIRING
We comply with Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action laws and regulations.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Ramona Aceves at email@example.com.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION REPLACES ALL PREVIOUS JOB DESCRIPTIONS FOR THIS POSITION.