To start the application process for NeighborhoodLIFT down payment assistance, you will need to make an appointment to assess your eligibility for the program. Please read and follow the instructions below.
- Sign up online here. Appointments are only available online on a first-come, first-served basis. Appointment slots are limited to funds available. NOTE: Appointments CANNOT be made by phone.
- The number of available appointments matches the currently available funds. Once these appointments are filled, the only open appointments will come as a result of a cancellation. No waiting list will be kept—buyers should check the registration site frequently for any new availability.
- Submit two (2) required documents below within 24 hours of making your appointment. Documents must be submitted to LiftAdmin@TrellisAZ.org. Please include your first and last name in the subject line of the email. Failure to submit these documents within 24 hours or incomplete documents will automatically cancel your appointment. You will need to be able to submit electronic copies of the following documents (your lender or real estate professional may be able to assist you with submitting these documents online):
- Mortgage Preapproval from a NeighborhoodLIFT Approved Lender (Required)
- Signed purchase and sale agreement, 1st, 2nd and signature pages (signed by all parties) (Required)
- Homebuyer education certificate, if it was completed within the past twelve months. NOTE: successful completion of the eight-hour HomeBuyer Education course is required prior to closing.
- We will confirm scheduled appointment requests within 48 business hours from receipt of all documents. You will receive an email accepting the scheduled date and time—the email will state that your “appointment was accepted.” This is NOT a confirmation of your eligibility for the program.
- If you fail to submit all required documents within 24 hours, your appointment request will be cancelled. If you submit only partial documentation, your appointment request will be cancelled. You will receive an email letting you know your appointment request was cancelled.
- Attend your appointment to confirm eligibility with the required documents in hand. Click here to view a list of required documents. Para en español, oprima aquí. If you do not bring the required documents to your appointment or you fail to show up for your appointment, your appointment will be cancelled and you will be required to schedule a new appointment if/when appointments become available.
- You will receive a NeighborhoodLIFT Eligibility Letter if you meet the eligibility requirements and your required documentation is confirmed.
- Your lender must submit all required documents to Trellis no less than thirteen (13) days prior to your closing date.
For more information, please see our FAQ page.