Job Title: Mortgage Loan Originator
Reports To: Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt – Hourly (plus commission)
Approved Date: August 2012
Revised Date: August 2016, 2nd rev. February 2021
Loan Originator will close and fund Trellis, 1st mortgage loans, 2nd mortgage loans, down-payment assistance programs, grants and broker compliant loans. Loan Originator will pre-qualify prospective homebuyers. The Loan Originator will be responsible for sourcing quality loans that meet Trellis guidelines and for generating loan applications that meet or exceed Trellis annual strategic goals. The position requires S.A.F.E. Act Licensing. MUST HAVE CURRENT ACTIVE NMLS ORIGINATOR LICENSE.
- Originate high quality loans which meet Trellis loan guidelines.
- Analyze detailed loan related documents such as financial documents, appraisals,title reports, product and program guidelines and policies.
- Demonstrates outstanding customer service skills when working with customers,including internal and external business contacts.
- Complies with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Complies with all applicable policies and procedures, internal and external.
- Uses authorized methods to originate loans.
- Develops relationships with real estate professionals and other referral sources.
- Answers all telephone inquiries, and returns voice mail messages promptly.
- Ensures that all customers, realtors, counselors, real estate developmentdepartment staff, are informed promptly as to any changes of status on loan pre-qualifications or applications.
- Accurately records production reports and time sheet records daily and submit tomanagement.
- Organize and prepare files to present to Loan Committee.
- Must maintain organized audit compliant files which can easily be researched byothers.
- Maintains accurate pipeline information related to closed/funded, declined,withdrawn and inactive files.
- Recommends improvements in products and procedures to ensure the optimumeffectiveness of lending programs and overall lending department.
- Reviews all information provided by the applicant, pulls and evaluates their creditreport and determines the appropriate qualification disposition.
- Timely informs all applicants of their disposition.
- Counsels those who have minor credit problems.
- Attends closings as needed to provide support to borrowers.
- Participates in setting department goals and objectives and meeting goals andobjectives on an annual basis.
- Hours may include nights and weekends
- MUST HAVE CURRENT ACTIVE NMLS ORIGINATOR LICENSE
- Minimum High School certification is required with a minimum of 3 yearsmortgage lending and customer service experience.
- Candidate should be able to work independently while demonstrating a high degree of patience when working with a wide variety of customers.
- Must possess good writing and telephone communication skills.
- Fluency and literacy in Spanish is preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to complete lending computations including, debt-to-income ratios, LoanTo Values (LTVs) and Combined Loan To Values (CLTVs)
- Knowledge of lending regulations and laws.
- Ability to learn and use new computer systems, specifically origination system.
EMPLOYMENT & HIRING
We comply with Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action laws and regulations.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this postion, please email your resume and cover letter to Ramona Aceves at email@example.com.