Job Title: Project Coordinator – RED
Reports To: Director of Real Estate Development
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time hourly 40 hours weekly
Approved By: President & CEO
Approved Date: July 29, 2020
Revised Date: February 10, 2021
Under the supervision of the Director of Real Estate Development, the Project Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the development and management of various phases of renovation, construction, and customer service for affordable housing. Responsible for preliminary site related development coordination, written scope of work, specifications, cost estimates, bid procedures, contract negotiations, processing contractor draw requests, inspections and general coordination for new infill construction, acquisition rehab and master planned market rate/ affordable housing subdivision(s).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assist with filing construction permits, variances and certificate of appropriateness as required on a per job basis
• Assist with applying for water meter and water services permits
• Assist with processing all change order and contractor draw requests
• Assist with the maintenance of a contractor “bidders list”
• Assist with the maintenance of RED files including project, construction and post-production.
• Assist with identifying potential acquisitions, market research, and prepare project details to distribute to management, committee and board members, and external partners.
• Assists determining potential pre-development obstacles on properties considered for acquisition and rehab
• Assist with pro-forma analysis of total development cost for specific units produced
• Create new jobs and setup new project filed within construction management software (CMS).
• Manage and keep up to date all projects file within the CMS. Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly with staff, consultant, contractors, and customers
• Administrative support to the Real Estate Development Department
• Coordinate RED schedules, project timelines, and various application deadlines for project funding and grants.
• Responsible for administrative tasks, i.e. take minutes, and requiring interaction with both internal and external clients
• Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner
• Communicate and handle incoming and outgoing electronic communications on behalf of RED department
• Other duties as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Previous office administration work in an accounting, real estate, or construction office preferred. Excellent organization skills, quick learner, and attention to detail are a must. Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Experience working with varied audiences – staff, Board, stakeholders, etc. Experience working in a non-profit organization environment helpful. Ability to work in a culturally diverse and fast-paced environment. High degree of confidentiality and trust.
Strong spoken and written communication skills. Ability to read and interpret documents used in real estate development. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
Ability to provide exemplary customer service with the highest regard for clients, partners and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to represent Trellis in a professional and credible manner while working in the community. Ability to build consensus. Displays a positive, optimistic, goal-oriented approach.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Proficient in Microsoft software suite, Costar and other marketing research programs. Proficient in use of internal e-mail system.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Employee must present proof of automobile insurance coverage. Minimum liability limits shall be $100,000 bodily injury and $25,000 property damage coverage or such limits as deemed appropriate by the President/CEO.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to drive. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to Ramona Aceves at email@example.com.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION REPLACES ALL PREVIOUS JOB DESCRIPTIONS FOR THIS POSITION