1405 E McDowell Road, Phoenix, AZ 85006 602.258.1659
Date: April 20, 2020 Revised: May 2, 2020
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Trellis is an Arizona, non-profit 501(C) (3) organization that has been serving the community since 1975 providing housing counseling and education, real estate development and mortgage lending to increase homeownership opportunities. Trellis’s mission is to make stable homes and communities possible by educating, building and lending. Trellis has helped hard-working families realize the dream of financially-stable homeownership for 45 years.
From 1975 to 2019, Trellis has helped create 3,713 families purchase their first home; built or rehabbed 318 homes; educated and/or counseled 44,303 families or individuals in financial management an/or how to buy a home; originated or facilitated more than 2,100 mortgage loans totaling $159MM. During the great Recession, Trellis saved 4,800 struggling homeowners from foreclosure. Operationally, we received a rating of “Exemplary”, the highest possible rating by NeighborWorks America®.
Trellis is seeking a firm or individual-consultant with experience working with non-profits to help plan/coordinate and manage special events such as fundraisers to meet the organizations strategic goals.
Scope of Work
Manage special event from start to end. Trellis desires to establish an annual fundraiser to start with the 45-year anniversary celebration. Desired event date – Thursday, November 5, 2020 (acknowledging that COVID-19 may have an impact). Fundraising goal: net $50,000. Estimating 200 to 300 guests.
a. Provide event venue options, theme, timeline and logistics;
b. Liaise with assigned staff and committee(s);
c. Assist with contract negotiations with vendor(s);
Include at least two references and examples of similar/related work. Provide billing method and include cost estimates for scope of work. Other events are in the planning.
Submit Your Proposal
Submit proposals to Patricia Garcia Duarte, President & CEO, no later than 4:00 pm on May 15, 2020:
By phone: 602-424-5340
By email firstname.lastname@example.org, SUBJECT LINE: Event Planner 2020
RFP-Event Planner dated April 20, 2020
Trellis’ event and additional Scope of Work clarity.
From 1996 to 2006, the organization used to host a Realtor® breakfast to honor top real estate agents for their work with low-moderate income homebuyers. The last event was held at The Arizona Club; not a fundraiser but sponsored by a financial institution.
In 2005, the organization celebrated its 30-year anniversary at the Heard Museum. From 2010 to 2014, the organization engaged the community residents and artists to build gingerbread homes for the Home Sweet Home fundraising event held on the first Saturday in December. Funds were raised by auctioning the gingerbread homes, selling tickets, selling raffle items and obtaining sponsorships. Trellis’ last event was the celebration of the 40th Anniversary in 2015.
Additional Scope of Work Clarity
- Help secure sponsorships for the event.
- Help promote, solicit and market the event.
- To serve as the Project Manager for events and oversee activities leading up to and during the event to ensure a successful event.
- Report directly to the President/CEO.
- Keep timeline moving forward with program committee, staff, board, & volunteers.
- Coordinate pre-planning meetings with the event planning committee to ensure event details are communicated and shared with all appropriate participants and vendors.
- Arrange event logistics.
- Ensure all event details are documented and followed through.
- Keep the program committee, staff, board, & volunteers on task regarding event activities and solicitations and ensure everyone stays on the “same page”.
- Solicit bids & facilitate vendors for the event (audio, staging, event set up, layout, catering, auction), as needed.
- Day of event act as event coordinator, show runner, & stage manager.
- Provide feedback with event wrap up. We welcome recommendations on alternative event options, including dates, in light of the current COVID19 environment.