Job Title: Project Management Assistant
Reports To: Director of Real Estate Development
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
Revised Date: May 2021
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Real Estate Development, the Project Management Assistant is responsible for assisting with the development and management of various phases of real estate development as well as customer service for existing affordable housing. Associated work includes site selection and analysis of potential properties, project feasibility and due diligence, assist in obtaining local municipal project approvals (including occasional evening meetings), pre-development including coordination of architectural/engineering teams to prepare plans and specifications.
Other technical aspects including, bid procedures, processing invoices, inspections and general coordination for new infill construction, acquisition / rehab, and master planned market rate / affordable housing subdivisions. Individual will be responsible for a wide range of administrative duties and will often be required to work independently with little or no supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essesntial duties and responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Assist in the coordination and assembly of construction related documents with various municipal agencies and housing authorities.
- Assist in the inspection of construction projects, maintain file records, conduct weekly meetings, and produce meeting minutes.
- Assist in the creation of preliminary budgets, estimates and schedules
- Assist with maintenance and management of company owned real estate assets.
- Maintain and update schedules, upload documents to databases and assemble and organize project files.
- Assist in the research, selection, and specification of materials, assemblies, and equipment.
- Conduct home orientations, provide responsive customer service, and promote ongoing customer education and home maintenance support through the warranty period.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly with staff & customers.
- Position often requires additional hours beyond a regular 40-hours work week to meet project deadlines.
- Other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience in real estate development, community development or redevelopment, design, or residential construction
- Minimum of 2 years of technical trade school or college, Bachelor degree preferred (real estate development, planning, architecture, engineering)
- Strong financial budgeting and analysis skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Arizona real estate license a plus
Strong spoken and written communication skills. Ability to read and understand zoning codes, general plans, and architectural drawings. Ability to write routine reports, correspondence participate in assembly of request for proposals.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
Ability to provide exemplary customer service with the highest regard for clients, partners, and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to represent Trellis in a professional and credible manner while working in the community. Ability to build consensus. Displays a positive, optimistic, goal-oriented approach.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Applied use of Microsoft Windows and Office Products (Word, Outlook, and Excel proficiency required). Working knowledge of MS Project, Housing Developer Pro, or AutoCAD a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Employee must present proof of automobile insurance coverage. Minimum liability limits shall be $100,000 bodily injury and $25,000 property damage coverage or such limits as deemed appropriate by the President/CEO.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to drive. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EMPLOYMENT & HIRING
We comply with Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action laws and regulations.