Trellis homes lead to a path of conservation, savings and increased value through modern building sciences. In 2006, the Home Energy Rating System (HERS) for residential homes was introduced. Similar to other building ratings and certifications, HERS also uses a point based system to arrive at a value-base score; as it relates to reduction in resource consumption and maintenance costs over the economic lifespan of the home. The average Phoenix home constructed from 1990-2005 generally scores in a range of 115-135. HERS scores are an inverse number meaning a lower score constitutes better performance, more savings and higher value.
Trellis builds a “Silver” rated, EnergyStar, Indoor AirQuality Plus-V3 certified home, with HERS Index scores of 53-57. To see a typical energy model of a Trellis home visit: www.plan1053CProjHERS
Energy Star & WaterSense
- The EPA’s Energy Star & WaterSense specifications.
- High-efficiency heating, air conditioning, plumbing, and electrical fixtures.
- Higher R-value ratings of wall and ceiling insulation.
- Walls, floors and ceilings are sealed to reduce air leakage to tolerances of 3% or less.
- Whole house ventilation and cycled fresh air exchange produce a healthy home.
- High performance windows reduce reflected heat transfer.
Certification and Performance Testing
- Each Trellis home is inspected, tested and verified by an independent certified RESNET Home Energy Rater for ICC-700 National Green Building Standard compliance.
- Homes are measured during construction against the energy models created in design to ensure performance goals and scores are reached.
- The home is certified by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), registered with Home Innovation Laboratory, the score is recorded and value is added.
For a more detailed preview of a Trellis home, including our unique accessibility features visit: www.homeataglance
This is one example of a recently built Trellis home in Phoenix, Arizona. Electric bill expenses will vary depending on consumer usage and other variables.